1. All the Awards and Prizes are meant for the LIFE MEMBERS of APPI only, except for HARISH GUPTA Prize , for which the candidate should have enrolled oneself at least as an Annual Member.
2. Papers/ Biodata/Nominations for Awards and Orations from Sr. No. 1 to Sr. No. 14 should reach the General Secretary Dr. Ramji Singh on his address Department of Physiology, AIIMS Patna, India 801 507 (Bihar) on or before 31st July 2019 in 1 set of printed documents and a soft copy. The soft copy should be sent by e-mail to email id: firstname.lastname@example.org so that under no circumstances it fails to reach the General Secretary or is delayed in ordinary mail. Applications received after the above mentioned date will not be entertained.
3. Procedure for all awards/nominations from Sr. No.1- Sr. No.12:
A panel of judges will be constituted by the General Secretary to assess various nominations/ papers. The judges will be senior Scientists/ Professors with outstanding academic career and experiences in that particular specialty and they shall not be from the same institution from where there are applicants for that particular Award. Overall consensus of the judges will be final.
4.Procedure for R. Srinivasan and Harish Gupta Prizes:
The organizing secretary will arrange a separate scientific session for these papers and a panel of judges constituted by the General Secretary would assess these papers during their presentation. However, in view of large number of entries for these two prizes it becomes extremely difficult to arrange for their presentations on a single day and get them assessed by a single panel of judges. Whenever the number of papers submitted for the said prize exceeds ten, they will be short listed to the best ten papers after scrutiny by a scientific committee constituted by the Organizing Secretary of the conference. Only the best ten short-listed candidates will be permitted to present their papers during the conference for final selection. The winners will be awarded their prizes during the valedictory function of the Annual conference of APPI.
5. All the Award / Prizes of APPI will be decided in the same year and the winners of various Awards and Prizes except award No. 15 and 16 will be informed well in advance by the General Secretary. They will be presented, the Award / Prize during the Inaugural function of the Annual Conference of APPI the same year. If any Award / Prize winner is unable to receive his/her Award/Prize in person and present his/her paper during the conference, due to unavoidable circumstances, the said Awards/Prize will be retained in the office of APPI for one more year and will be handed over to the concerned winner during the APPI Annual conference of the subsequent year.
6. All the Award/Prize winners will be presented a Memento and a Certificate from the APPI. No TA/DA will be given by the APPI. However they can apply for a subsistence allowance from APPI provided they are not getting any financial assistance from any other sources. The subsistence allowance shall be to and fro second class train fare from the place of their work to the city of the conferences. Payment of TA/DA and providing local hospitality to the Award winners is optional on the part of the organizers of the conference, depending upon their financial position.
7. All the Award/Prize winners are requested to receive their Award/Prize IN PERSON and deliver their oration (for Oration Awards) during the Annual conference of APPI of the same year.
8.If no paper is found suitable for a particular Award/Prize, there will be no Award in that year.
9. The selected paper, if not already published may submitted for publication in IJPP. The Journal rules will apply for publication.
10.Canvassing or pressurizing for an award will be treated as demerit for the contestants.